Employees are the lifeblood of your organization. Without them, you would be doing all the work yourself, and you still may be. Everyone deserves to get paid for their hard work, but sometimes taking the easy road to paying them seems like the easiest thing to do –whether or not the IRS agrees with you and your rational. Paying your taxes “later” seems like a good idea, after all, business is booming and time is crucial. The pain of payroll, a vitally important part of owning a business, leaves you bitter and puckering.
But paying an individual as an employee is more than taking out the correct tax withholding and paying on time. It also involves benefits, reporting, remitting, W-2’s at year-end and unemployment and workers compensation, those nasty little devils as well as healthcare, a larger bitterness to swallow for some.
That said, bringing them on as an independent contractor is quickly becoming a (not well thought out) alternative to traditional full-time employment for some small businesses owners who would rather not think about all those things. Thoughts of withholdings, quarterly reporting and year-end W-2’s can and do become scary animals for those of us not numerically inclined (i.e. geeks like us). When, where, how much and how often – these are overwhelming subjects when you have your hands full trying to actually run your business. They can take time and focus- and you don’t have time for that.
Whether or not an individual actually qualifies as an independent contractor is simply a matter of a quick test and should be taken seriously as the IRS is ready and willing to crack down on businesses that don’t comply. Let us help you decide if that’s the right decision. If it’s not, we are here to let you know that hiring them as an employee is not as hard or scary as it all seems. When life hands you lemons, make lemonade. We are here to show you how – easy-peasy, lemon-squeezy.
Enter Gusto. Let us help you pay your employees timely and accurately so you can move on. Gusto has taken all of those scary and often confusing issues off the table. Literally a matter of simple time entry (if you have hourly employees) and a click of the button. You are done. Gone are the days living in the land of confusion. No longer do you need to worry about how much to withhold in taxes, what bank account to make a deposit to or worse, the timing of it all so you don’t have to apologize for not getting it in on time.
• Employees dashboards to access and manage their own payroll and benefits information so you aren’t constantly editing or answering questions for them.
• Affordability so you don’t need to break the bank for your hard earned cash
• Seamless enrollment, accurate benefit deductions, and automatic compliance for “one stop shopping” so you aren’t clicking all over the internet
• Your own fully integrated payroll, health benefits and workers compensation system for all those things that go together.
See – easy-peasy, lemon-squeezy. It’s literally an outsourced payroll and benefits department for you. Take the time, energy and sour taste out of your mouth of paying your employees and let someone else do it for you.
• Seamless integration with our preferred small business accounting platform, Xero
• Simple time entry and payroll processing on your schedule (including quarterly reporting and year end W-2’s)
• Ensure accurate employee information and payroll deductions with one system
• Fast, automated enrollment in benefits and workers’ compensation
• Licensed brokers to assist finding appropriate healthcare plan for Team if needed
• Compliance with Affordable Care Act and HIPAA
• Pay as you go workers’ compensation premium based on payroll dates
• Employee dashboards to access and manager their own payroll and benefits information
• Access paystubs and benefits data in one place
• Learn about, enroll or make changes through personal Gusto Accounts
• Contacts at Gusto about benefits-related questions
Are you ready to leave the land of confusion? The New Year is quickly around the corner. Let us get you set up for a super smooth new payroll year that lets you focus on your business, not your payroll.